So on Easter Sunday I gave a talk in church. The week before AJ gave a talk in primary his first talk ever! He did such a great job! I was able to incorporate his talk into mine. Which works out perfectly now so you all can read both of our talks :) This post is a boring no picture post so you are warned.
My talk today is on What Easter means to me. Whenever I give talks I am always afraid I will not talk about the right thing & all of the normal jitters that people get when preparing for a talk. But this time I have really enjoyed preparing for it. It gave me a chance during a pretty hectic week to reflect on the true meaning of Easter.
President Thomas S. Monson said in the April 2010 General Conference..."What mortal being faced with the loss of a loved one, or indeed, standing himself or herself on the threshold of infinity has not pondered what lies beyond the veil which separates the seen from the unseen? Centuries ago the man Job-so long blessed with every material gift, only to find himself sorely afflicted by all that can befall a human being-sat with companions and uttered the timeless question If man die, shall he live again?" This question has been asked and pondered over & over again through the years. I myself have questioned it many times before...But I will get to that in a moment.
Right now I would like to tell you about last week. Last Sunday my son AJ gave a talk in sharing time which just so happened to be very similar to what my talk is today. It was on the Atonement. It was not very long, only a few minutes, but to me it had such a big impact. I would like to share it with you...
Jesus died so that we could all live & have the choice to follow in his ways.
Jesus Christ was the only one capable of Atoning for all mankind.
Through the Atonement He suffered for all of our sins so that we could be resurrected & those who will obey his gospel will receive the gift of Eternal life with God.
As I watched and helped him give his talk I felt so many emotions. But mostly I felt proud & amazed. Proud that he went up and gave it with such confidence, he has a speech delay and can be really shy sometimes. And amazed that at the age of 3.5 he understood what he was saying and that he said it with such enthusiasm.
Easter has always been my favorite holiday. When I was younger it was because every year we would go to my grandparents for a big Easter egg hunt and family dinner. But as I grew and learned the true meaning of Easter it meant so much more to me.
But that all changed in one moment. This is when I started to ponder on Job's question. If man shall die, shall he live again?
When my daughter passed away in October of 2006 I started questioning Faith. After her passing right before the holidays my cousin, Danelle, who is more like a sister to me, told me that God only gives us what we can handle. At the time I thought that is ridiculous. Why would God do this to me?? Leave me here with out a child and motherless.
But everywhere I turned in those few months after her passing I would either see the missionaries out and about, meet someone who was LDS, and even flipped through the channels early one Sunday morning and found myself watching and listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Then 1yr & 10 days after her passing I understood everything. Why she had to go, why I had to stay. It was so I could find the gospel and be baptized. And to once again find the true meaning of Easter. That we will live again and that Jesus Christ died so we could have the opportunity to live, no matter how long or short our Earthly lives are that man WILL live again after death that we could live for eternity as families.
My talk today is on What Easter means to me. Whenever I give talks I am always afraid I will not talk about the right thing & all of the normal jitters that people get when preparing for a talk. But this time I have really enjoyed preparing for it. It gave me a chance during a pretty hectic week to reflect on the true meaning of Easter.
President Thomas S. Monson said in the April 2010 General Conference..."What mortal being faced with the loss of a loved one, or indeed, standing himself or herself on the threshold of infinity has not pondered what lies beyond the veil which separates the seen from the unseen? Centuries ago the man Job-so long blessed with every material gift, only to find himself sorely afflicted by all that can befall a human being-sat with companions and uttered the timeless question If man die, shall he live again?" This question has been asked and pondered over & over again through the years. I myself have questioned it many times before...But I will get to that in a moment.
Right now I would like to tell you about last week. Last Sunday my son AJ gave a talk in sharing time which just so happened to be very similar to what my talk is today. It was on the Atonement. It was not very long, only a few minutes, but to me it had such a big impact. I would like to share it with you...
Jesus died so that we could all live & have the choice to follow in his ways.
Jesus Christ was the only one capable of Atoning for all mankind.
Through the Atonement He suffered for all of our sins so that we could be resurrected & those who will obey his gospel will receive the gift of Eternal life with God.
As I watched and helped him give his talk I felt so many emotions. But mostly I felt proud & amazed. Proud that he went up and gave it with such confidence, he has a speech delay and can be really shy sometimes. And amazed that at the age of 3.5 he understood what he was saying and that he said it with such enthusiasm.
Easter has always been my favorite holiday. When I was younger it was because every year we would go to my grandparents for a big Easter egg hunt and family dinner. But as I grew and learned the true meaning of Easter it meant so much more to me.
But that all changed in one moment. This is when I started to ponder on Job's question. If man shall die, shall he live again?
When my daughter passed away in October of 2006 I started questioning Faith. After her passing right before the holidays my cousin, Danelle, who is more like a sister to me, told me that God only gives us what we can handle. At the time I thought that is ridiculous. Why would God do this to me?? Leave me here with out a child and motherless.
But everywhere I turned in those few months after her passing I would either see the missionaries out and about, meet someone who was LDS, and even flipped through the channels early one Sunday morning and found myself watching and listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Then 1yr & 10 days after her passing I understood everything. Why she had to go, why I had to stay. It was so I could find the gospel and be baptized. And to once again find the true meaning of Easter. That we will live again and that Jesus Christ died so we could have the opportunity to live, no matter how long or short our Earthly lives are that man WILL live again after death that we could live for eternity as families.
1 comment:
فني ستائر بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment