Thursday, June 10, 2010

My haircut




My hair has always been SUPER thick, so when it started falling out it took about 2 weeks for it to look really bad. I was shocked when I went to church after a week of it falling out and I was the only one who knew. I kept getting asked if my hair had started falling out yet. But when it came time for my next round of chemo and my sister came down we all thought it would be a good idea to finally cut it, well shave it. So Emily cut my hair while Arli took some pictures. I think she did a good job. I thought I would dread being bald, and in the pictures you can some what see the worry in my eyes, and went out and bought wigs. Well let me tell you those were a waste of money. I did not like how hot they were or that they were REALLY itchy. So I just bought a bunch of bandannas and scarves and wore those. Then I finally got the courage to wear baby head bands and I wish I would have done that first because I love it. Although I probably would have gotten sun burned on my head. Which by the way that has happened alot. I would wear sunscreen and a bandanna and my head would still get sunburned. Another downside of loosing my hair was the fact that it would fall out and be EVERYWHERE! I was still finding hair for about 3weeks after I shaved my head. But on the plus side I don't have to worry about getting hair in food when I cook dinner.



Cutting off what was left after it falling out





Getting ready for the shave. For some reason Arli did not get any pictures of Emily shaving my head so all I have is an after pic.





After :)


In my beanie hat that my cousin, Danelle made for me.




No comments: