Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wonderful day....Horrible night

Introducing Oaklie Lenea Edwards-Fisher


Born Dec. 2,2008


7lbs 10oz


AJ and Nicole going down the jump house slide. This is the only picture I got of both of them because they both did not want their picture taken yesterday.



Kaci and Oaklie



Malaki




Nalani



Ashton and Erik




So yesterday was our family's Christmas party down in Mesquite. We had a wonderful time. I was finally able to see my new niece who is a very beautiful baby girl. She is also named after me. Well she has my middle name.:) I love going down and seeing the whole family. AJ had a blast just playing in the gym and he found his favorite things there....hymn books! lol He loves these things he can sit through all of sacrament just playing with these. He did get a little beat up by we think my niece Nalani. But Emily says she does it to everyone. Erik had a good time too. He was held ALOT more than usual which he loves! And just slept. He loves his little glow seahorse he got and AJ loves his new cell phone. Arli could not make it unfortunately he had to work (I hate mandatory overtime). I had a great time too and like I said it was great seeing everyone again. It is amazing how in 6mo to a year everyone can change. My brother and his girl friend Amber rode down with us. Sorry again Amber for the ride. She was squished in between both car seats. They had a good time too. Amber was sucked in by Alanna and Kaci. But she had a good time just playing with them. They loved her especially Alanna. Kenton just played ball with the guys.




Now the horrible night. It was about 8:45 after I put AJ to bed and we were going to bed ourselves. We heard this loud crashing come from our living room. Of course we screamed because it scarred the crap out of us. We go out and our front room window is broken! I think someone tried to break in because there was no rock or anything around, and there is a bunch of glass a little bit away from the window on the other side of the side walk. But we got it all cleaned after 3hrs. I had to make sure there were no shards anywhere cause of the boys. I vacuumed for like 30min just in our living room. I hate to think of the bill this is going to be since our landlord does not pay for broken glass no matter what and BOTH pieces of glass were broken and Arli had to remove the rest of the unbroken glass so AJ would not get hurt. We did get it secured though. We put our hutch in front of the window after boarding it up. Arli was able to screw it to the wall too and then he screwed the other window shut. I know he ruined my hutch but I do not care. As long as we are safe. That thing is not antique or anything either. So now that I am scarred to death to be here alone a night I think we will be getting an alarm system. Or I can just keep one of Arli's swords by my side at all times at night.





No comments: