Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween block party

We went to a friend in the wards neighborhood Halloween block party where you were to come dressed up and if you wanted you could make a treat to bring. Well I could not decided whether to bring boilin cauldron cupcakes or blood clot brain cupcakes so I made both. Let me just tell you that that day was a rough day. I made 4 dozen cupcakes and did my normal stuff and all with the added help of my friends little girl who I was babysitting for. While I was looking online for the icing recipe for one set of cupcakes AJ had the lovely idea of giving Erik 10, yes 10 cupcakes! Which Erik of course enjoyed. Thankfully none of the cupcakes were iced yet so it was not a huge mess.

This is what I came out to find.
I love how AJ grabbed all of the ones on the edge.
My blood clot brain cupcakes. They even had raspberry jam in the middle
My boilin cauldron cupcakes. I liked these better than the other ones, and they took 2nd place this year.



Here is just a cute picture I took of AJ while we were there. He went as Buzz Lightyear for Halloween this year and I guess he really wanted to be like Buzz. I caught him with this cone on his head and for those of you don't know in Toy Story 2 Buzz Lightyear and the gang has to walk across the street to go rescue Woody. To get across they hide under the traffic cones.



2 comments:

tiffunny said...

Funny that's he copying the movie. And your cupcakes were cute as usual!

West Family said...

Love the cupcakes! So cute! You will have to teach me how you did them some time :) AJ and Eric were adorable in their costumes, and I hope Eric feels better soon.