Thursday, March 5, 2009

need some ideas


So I have mentioned before that AJ has to get his hearing checked. It was finally approved by our insurance and is scheduled for next Wednesday. But there is sort of a catch. In order for him to have this test he has to be asleep. Which is fine, but they want me to make sure he does not get anymore than 5hrs of sleep on Tuesday night. How on Earth am I supposed to keep him up all night?? I mean you saw the video I just posted he will fall asleep sitting in a chair if he has to. I thought of spending a lot of time in the bath tub, and to let him not take a nap on Tuesday so he will fall asleep around 6. then wake him up around 8-9. Then let him fall back asleep at midnight and wake him up at 5am and not fall asleep until the testing.

I will be so happy when this is done with. But if he is not sleepy for this test they will have to give him medicine, and I really would like to avoid that.

To give some info on the test, just if your wondering. It is an EEG-ABR. I have no idea of what ABR means. But from what they have explained it is similar to the newborn hearing tests babies get in the hospital.



This is old, but like a couple of my fellow bloggers I do think every post should have a picture.

2 comments:

tiffunny said...

Good luck - that will be hard trying to keep him awake, but i'm sure you'll do fine. Sometimes kids can surprise us & actually cooperate! I guess more times than not, they don't, but hopefully he does!

Annie said...

I think your idea is as good as any! I am sure it is going to be a nightmare though with a sleepy cranky 2 year old! Good Luck