I have blogged about our baby monitor before. But I feel it needs a new post as it saved Erik's life last night. For those that do not know it is a special monitor that goes under his crib mattress and monitors breathing movements and any other movements in the crib. After no movements for 20 seconds it sets off an alarm. Well that is exactly what happened. At 4:40am it went off. Arli got to him first and said as soon as he picked him up he was breathing again. After talking with Arli this morning we figured out that he was smothering in his blanket. (I just thought I would edit this after talking with Arli again he said Erik was not in the blanket the blanket was near him. But not near his face.) After Joslynn died we stop putting anything in the cribs except for a blanket because we keep the house freezing at night. I never thought that a blanket could do that to a baby who is able to roll. I know they say no big thick blankets when they are little. But I thought 10 mo he would be ok. But I was wrong and I am so thankful that we have this monitor. It is so hard to think of what we would be going through again if not for it. I recommend this to any Mommy with infants out there. I just thought I would edit this after talking with Arli again he said Erik was not in the blanket the blanket was near him. But not near his face.
Here is the babysense V movement sensor monitor. The BEST baby monitor out there.

http://www.babysafeus.com/Products/BabysenseV/HowItWorks.aspx
1 comment:
what a scary night for you two! Glad everything is okay.
Post a Comment